Java, Scala, Python, NLP, Natural Language Processing
Depends on Experience
Work from home not available
Travel not required
Sr. Data Scientist with strong NLP expertiseViri Technology is looking for an anchor, Sr. level Data Scientist with a background in NLP engineering. Our DT Seattle client is looking to expand a new data science practice, and needs a senior level, individual contributor that can bring both sound NLP theory with practical software engineering to the table.If you are the kind of person that loves innovation, and owning a product line end to end to create a new solution from the ground up, read on!Overview:The Sr. Data Scientist will contribute to the overall product strategy of our clients speech recognition software. You are an innovative thought leader who helps solve hard problems related to digital signal processing, speech recognition and natural language processing (NLP) to provide customer insights and identify failure points.Team:The product and engineering teams at our client work in tight tandem on some of the hardest problems at the intersection of business and technology. They span online and real-world data and bring together human psychology and mobile technology to deliver innovation and results. The engineering team designs, develops, tests, deploys, operates, maintains, monitors and services all of the software and systems that delight customers daily. Our client fosters a learning culture full of some of the best and brightest in the software industry who innovate and iterate daily. They care about code quality and integrity, deliver early and often, and we have a great time collaborating to make it all come together.Ideal Qualifications:
- 10+ years in the software engineering field, with at least 3 specific to Natural Language Processing (NLP) and/or Data Science
- Professional experience of deep neural network based modeling
- Experience building software and systems based on machine learning and/or deep learning methods
- Ability to work on diverse projects across more than one language or technology.
- Demonstrated ability to get data from anywhere (SQL, REST APIs, Mongo/ElasticSearch, Hadoop, flat text file).
- Demonstrated ability to use different model types, data structures used as input to models, target definitions, and the associated tradeoffs for approaching the former in different ways.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with colleagues in engineering and business operations.
- BS/BE degree in Computer Science, Speech Recognition or Machine Learning, MS or PhD preferred
If you feel qualified and interested in this immediate, long term opportunity, Chris at Viri Technology would love to learn more about you! Chris is the Partner here at Viri, and as a former embedded developer understands the nuances of a highly technical job search (and client match). Lets build a great professional relationship today!
Login & Apply