Expert Excel, Expert SQL, SSRS, Excel VBA, PowerBI
Depends on Experience
Work from home not available
Travel not required
Sr. Business Intelligence (BI) AnalystJob DescriptionOVERVIEW: Under the direction of the Business Intelligence Director, the BI Solutions Architect works directly with business leaders, IT partners, and executives, providing consulting services by means of analysis, recommendations, automation, and reporting services. The BI Solutions Architect is responsible for multiple, simultaneous efforts using analytical and technical skills to execute assigned responsibilities. The BI Solutions Architect works closely with business partners to establish tools, data sets and standard reports in an effort to support department needs. The position requires an innovative thinker who can be presented with a small idea or problem and turn it into actionable solutions. The BI Solutions Architect must have the ability to logically think through an issue and create a new or enhance an existing process to better complete assigned tasks in an effective and efficient manner. The BI Solutions Architect possessed the ability to take direction from business leaders and work independently on a final product.EXPECTATIONS:
- Analyze business requirements to design and develop optimal technical solutions using approved database and software development tools and methodologies.
- Design, create, and support dashboards to communicate management performance metrics in relation to goals and expectations.
- Design, create, and support forecast and capacity models to communicate workforce planning and other corporate level goals.
- Create and deliver timely and accurate ad-hoc and standard reports to end users; providing analysis and interpretation as required.
- Develop and interpret simple to complex reports which clearly and concisely show key trends and problem areas, including status and trends.
- Run and distribute sensitive reports which may include confidential employee information.
- Maintain and have ability to automate existing production and workflow reports.
- Evangelize the BI Community vision and the most effective use of data to drive business performance and employee satisfaction while encouraging the use of self-service BI and visual discovery as a means of becoming the smartest mortgage banking company in America.
- Drive pragmatic approaches to solving key complex business problems through a variety of business intelligence tools. Ability to bring the right data technique to solve the problem in an explainable manner to business partners.
- Execute advanced data analytics with effective and practical short- and long-term actionable solutions.
- Achieve business goals by fostering innovation and coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future solutions.
- Collaborate with business partners to better understand needs and provide necessary support.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry (preferably mortgage origination).
- 5+ years of experience in successfully delivering analytical solutions via the Microsoft BI software offering:
- Expert Level SQL (SQL Server Management Studio). Creation and alteration of all server objects, including procedures, functions, views, jobs, and tables.
- Expert Level Excel
- Excel VBA
- SSRS (SLQ Server Reporting Services)
- Must be passionate about financial services and technology, eager to learn more and have the problem-solver DNA, which helps understand a problem quickly and thinking of innovative and creative solutions.
- Strong presentation skills and proven ability to successfully interface with and influence at all levels.
- Must take pride in the quality of your work and ensure that each solution meets functional and technical needs (not asks).
- Ability to manage multiple deliveries on-time as well as prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Broad understanding of the business requirements of the financial services industry and willing to roll up your sleeves to translate them into user stories or artifacts as needed.
- Demonstrated team player and problem-solver.
- Must have a demonstrated passion for helping internal customers in order to achieve the full potential for the organization.
- Must be proactive about sharing knowledge and communicating feedback for improving our products to our development teams.
- Must be comfortable expressing opinions, but also open to receiving constructive feedback.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in, or assigned to, the above position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required, and may be changed at the discretion of the company.
Login & Apply