Contract W2, Contract Independent, 4+ mos
Work from home not available
Travel not required
Sr. Java Developer in Philadelphia, PA 19103Interview Logistics:
Phone InterviewF2F InrerviewRequired Skills Set:Years of Experience:
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
- May require a bachelors degree in a related area and at least 8 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Experienced mentor with the ability to work in a collaborative environment and coach other team members on coding practices, design principles, and implementation patterns that lead to high-quality maintainable solutions.
- Services - Expert-level implementation skills in building highly scalable services (SOAP and REST)
- Spring - Expert-level implementation skills with the Core Spring Framework and including other sub-projects like Spring JMS, Spring Security, Spring Data and Spring Integration.
- Skilled at building modern REST Web services
- Experience consuming API/web-based services* Experience with HTTP and TCP/IP
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude required. Typically reports to a project leader or manager.
Must Have Experience with the following Skills:
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Strong experience with Java
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience designing and building APIs from scratch
- Experience with databases including SQL, NoSQL
- Experience with AWS services including lambda, kinesis, SQS
- Experience writing multi-threaded applications
- Experience with additional scripting languages such as Python and Ruby a plus
Physical Environment and Working Conditions:
- Codes software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers. Standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software.
- Oversees testing and develops fixes.
- Monitor and maintain operational readiness of Middleware Applications including applications hosted in AWS cloud.
- Identify opportunities for system enhancements that will deliver enhanced functionality and/or simplify system administration. Facilitate and develop plans for application changes (including defects fixes, enhancements and/or configuration changes).
- Configure and test changes to system including reports, security access, and workflow. Perform/Coordinate configuration changes to the production environment.
- Work closely with BA/QA team members to create test plans and ensure that issues are properly identified, fixed, and tested.
Must be able to work on site in Philadelphia, PA
Login & Apply