You have years of experience with Angular, React, and/or Vue and have a strong opinion on state in the front-end.
Telecommuting not available
Travel not required
We have been recognized as a 2018 Glassdoor Top Places to Work (Small and Medium Size Businesses) & 2018 Washington Post Top Workplaces (DC area) as well as 2018 Entrepreneur Magazine Top Company Culture (Medium Size Businesses) .
We are building a world-class engineering team passionate about designing, implementing and deploying products that will transform business travel from mundane to magical. Our key to success is to have a mobile experience that leverages the power of native apps driven by a scalable back-end infrastructure.This is no ordinary startup. Weve already brought on some of the most passionate, intelligent and seasoned founding team members in the travel space. We have a strong engineering team coupled with a product team with decades of experience.ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Work directly with our President and Engineering Team Leadership in our Washington, DC HQ to design, implement, and deploy critical software systems that will turn business travel from mundane to magical. The critical path to success is to write code that can access multiple APIs in parallel with extremely low latency and store them in a massive data cluster. And do that a few billion times a day.
- You are aNode.JSenthusiast, eager to build commercial applications with ES6.
- You have years of experience with Angular, React, and/or Vue and have a strong opinion on state in the front-end.
- You have a strong understanding of Microservices and how they are modeled; you have practical experience with technologies like Messaging Buses (eg Kafka, NATS), Protocol Buffers, and Clustering.
- You get easily excited about Continuous Delivery. You know your testing tools and are comfortable with platforms like Docker, CircleCI, and Artifactory.
- You know the modern technical stack from the network up and are incredibly grateful that you can programmatically control all of it thanks to AWS or Azure or Google.
- You have a deep respect for the challenges associated with operating a large-scale system in production, and your designs and implementations reflect that understanding.
- You have 4-8 years of relevant experience and/or a bachelors degree in Computer Science. You are looking to get in on the ground floor of a well-funded startup with a proven leadership team. Prior startup experience is a huge plus!
- Youve built highly scalable products that involve some, or all, of the following components: fault-tolerance, high availability, e-commerce and distributed microservices.
- You enjoy creating unconventional solutions to the most challenging requirements.
- You keep up with the latest industry trends and arent afraid to write code to learn new tech.
- You understand that great Engineering teams are built upon relationships, just as much as they are built on awesome code.
We are positive, passionate, playful, and always pushing to be better. Our team is a hodgepodge of challenge seekers, travel gurus, startup junkies, and data-miners who see the big picture.We love to ship. Were completely on the CI/CD train, shipping code multiple times a day. Weve developed a clustered container environment in AWS using Docker and Kubernetes to manage dozens of microservices written primarily in Node and Go. Our web frontend is written in React/Redux and were building native iOS and Android apps that take full advantage of the powerful platforms they run onYOU WANT TO TALK TO US IF
Your entrepreneurial spirit drives your bias for action.You thrive in the frenetic energy of a startup.You are motivated by disrupting the norm.You have a great sense of humor and take your profession seriously, but not yourself.You are all about constructive feedback you can dish it out and you can take it.WHAT WE OFFER:
Competitive salary + equityFull health, vision and dental coverage401K planOpen paid time offAn awesome office in the heart of DCDog-friendly OfficeRelocation Assistance AvailableWe are headquartered in Downtown Washington, DCOur Team are positive, passionate playful and always pushing to be better.If you think you want to join our team, then please send a resume!TO APPLY:
Please email resume to Lisa@taskmanagement.com**All candidates must be authorized to work in the US without needing any visa sponsorship. We are unable to sponsor H1s/ EADs at this time....**
Login & Apply