Ruby on Rails (Ruby 2.2.3, Rails 4.2.4), ReactJS, PostgreSQL (9.4), on Rackspace Private Cloud, TDD, RESTful APIs, Linux, AWS (EC2, S3, etc.), HTML, and CSS
Depends On Experience
Work from home not available
Travel not required
Our clients development team works on the entire tech stack (from low-level database operations to front end development) for a large cloud-based enterprise application for the construction industry. Engineers work with all the companys departments; from sales, account management, support, and product; with a strong emphasis on the ability to speak with clients to understand user needs. Their tools of choice are Ruby on Rails (Ruby 2.2.3, Rails 4.2.4), ReactJS, PostgreSQL (9.4), on Rackspace Private Cloud.Their mobile apps provide access to many of the companys tools on iOS, Android, and Windows.This position is based at our clients headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Theyre looking for someone to join their team immediately as a Sr. Ruby on Rails team member.To give you a better idea of what our client does, here are some of their current projects:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Live Finance:Our challenges are a unique opportunity to work on accounting principles but with a twist! Our financials team works on budget reconciliation on live projects with budget input happening in real time all day long. If you are interested in challenges surrounding balance and ledgers, without the bureaucracy that comes with financial institutions, this is the perfect role for you.
- Scalability:If scalability is of interest to you, we have the ultimate challenge. We are looking at taking an existing system and scaling from 1M users to 10M users. We know Ruby and Rails can scale and we want to prove that and work with engineers who are ready to take on that challenge. This is a great chance to work on live, core systems with a million users.
- Big Data:Our insight team is focused on building an entire dashboarding system and working with terabytes of data and users that go back over 10 years. If areas like big data mining, business intelligence and data visualizations are of interest to you, this is a great opportunity to work on those problems while seeing your work come to life and interfacing with customers.
- Complex file systems:We are working on building a world class document and photo file management system from the ground up. If you are interested in challenges like: pdf creation, photo management, permissions and file revisions, this is the perfect team for you. You will get to work on the complexities that come with disassembling giant blueprint pdfs, adding markups and call outs and writing it back so everything is unchanged.
Qualifications for the Role
- Translate UX designs into fully functional applications
- Make architectural design decisions that improve scalability & performance
- Build products that meet the customers needs
- Exercisecode reviews & provide constructive feedback
- Effectively collaborate with Product, QA, UX, and other internal groups (both technical and non-technical)
- Mentor junior engineers
- 5+ years of experience in Ruby on Rails, or similar technologies
- Experience in working with asynchronous requests in large scale applications
- Experienced in Agile development and TDD
- Knowledgeable in SQL (PostgreSQL)
- Experience in working and developing RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with Linux, AWS (EC2, S3, etc.), HTML, and CSS
- Understanding of a typical web development lifecycle including: development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
Login & Apply
- Collaboration and contribution to open source